Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Colored Glue Window Clings




One of my all time favorite childrens crafts are to make these window clings. This time of year (beginning of school year) glue is cheap! I found it for 17 cents a bottle!!!! I bought a dollars worth and added some food color from my cupboard. It needs to be stirred with a skewer or popsicle stick and allowed to sit overnight (it blends better that way). Then pull out some wax paper and begin creating. When I taught I used to do this on earth day and we would make blue and green earths. It is a loose adaptation of whatever design you do so don't expect small children to have real precise designs. I did some a while back and was able to let layers dry before starting another and got some really cool clings, but I don't still have them to show. So here is our loose adaptation of a butterfly, caterpillar, and ladybug!

This would be great to do for any holiday with other designs. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Terri said...

i just spent some time at your blog just searching for some new stuff and I love yours! Your recipes look great. I'll be back.

crafter said...

Thanks Terri. I like both of your blogs too. I am especially looking forward to picking out a book title to read. Thanks for the reviews!

Anonymous said...

We plan to do these tonight. I found your blog through a google search. You have a beautiful family!