Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pottery Barn Kids Pinboard Knock-off

Mine

Pottery Barn Kids

So earlier this year I was looking at the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and low and behold I found something I wanted but could not afford! Gasp! When I priced it out it just was outrageous. So I thought I would try to make something similar, but much cheaper than Pottery Barn. I had some canvases that I covered in my nursery that I thought I could recover, but then they would not be bulletin boards and I really wanted to be able to put pics and what not on them. So I priced out cork boards and even at one point looked at acoustic ceiling tiles to see if they would work and be cost effective. I did several searches on the web and found this lovely persons blog post. She used magnetic boards instead of plain cork and I thought she was brilliant. So off I went to find the boards she bought- but alas they were not at the Joann's I shop. So I wound up buying some from good old Walmart and they worked just fine. Now I loooove the girly fabrics in the Pottery Barn Kids pics, but I was doing it for my sons camping and fishing themed room. You can see more of his room here and here.

So I found some lovely boyish fabric that looks quite adorable in his room.
I used my trusty old hot glue gun on the back of the boards to attach the fabric.

Here they are hanging.


Here they are displaying pics of my cutie pie.

No comments: