Friday, August 1, 2008

Recipe Binder to hold all sizes of recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I am totally excited about this. I have tormented for years over how to store all my recipes. I have some on 3x5 cards, some on 4x6 cards and some on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. I don't want to retype all those recipes. I have this binder that is too dang small and is busting at the seams. SO now that scrap booking has provided so many wonderful resources I am making it my own baby.


Stuff falling out of my old binder.Binder busting at the seams.Not everything fits and I have to retype to get them to work on these pages.So they get put in pockets and I can't see them easily. So as you know I am co hosting a bridal shower for my niece Lindsey and with the invitation we sent a recipe card for each guest to bring Lindsey a copy of their favorite recipe. I decided to make Lindsey a recipe binder and decided to make one for myself at the same time. I finished hers first since the shower is coming right up. I have to show you what I did.Lindsey loves green so I found this binder on sale at Target for $3. What a find! I bought some cheap dividers with tabs.
Once the page inserts were in the dividers were too short so I used white card stock to extend them. I cut 2 inch strips of 12x12 white card stock and put spray mount on the back of two strips and then sandwiched about one inch of the hole punched edge in between the two spray mounted strips. HUH??? Then I punched new holes in the white card stock.
I made a cover sheet for the front of the scrapbook expressing my well wishes for the bride and groom. I included a picture of myself and Lindsey so she would remember who did all this hard work!!!
I labeled the tab dividers by printing the titles onto clear sticky sheets, cut them out and stuck them right onto the tabs.

I created a digital label for the cover of the book. Printed it, cut it out and spray mounted it on.
I bought these inserts in the scrap booking section at Hobby Lobby. They hold 3x5 recipe cards.They also hold 4x6 recipe cards.I also bought some everyday 8 1/2 x 11 page inserts.
That is it! I had to resist the urge to add bling and elements to the cover, but Lindsey is not a glittery person. So I will wait until I do mine to add all that!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I are making an heirloom cookbook this year with our mother-daughter discipleship group. We are including photos, journalling, and special family recipes. I love your recipe book~

crafter said...

That is really a neat idea. I tried to get family members to share recipes with me so I could make an heirloom cookbook to be raffled off at our famly reunion next year, but nobody would give me their recipes. Oh well, maybe next year!!!
Monya

Terri said...

Excellent idea!! Love it; also aswewalk's idea of a heirloom recipe scrapbook. You guys are genius. I'd love to this but where can I find/buy the time required???? :o)

crafter said...

Hi Terri. I don't know if it was brilliant but it really helped solve my dilemma of how to organize recipes of all sizes. I know that squeezing time to do these projects is hard! Wish I had something to solve that problem!
Monya