Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heritage Page for Recipe Book

Digital journal and paper by happy-scrap. Cluster frames by Sir Scrapalot Designs.
Other frames by Sunscrap.
In my last post I showed you guys the recipe binder I created for my niece. Well I also gave her a copy of my great grandmother's applesauce cake recipe. It is an old fashioned cake that was a family favorite. On the page I included two pictures of her. One when she was young, and one when she was old. Three of her belongings were also pictured on the page: her glasses, pink depression glass bowl, and her sewing basket. My mom was very touched when she saw it. I am very glad I took the time to do it. Since it is digital I can print copies for my mom and great uncle as well. I thought I would share the page and the recipe as well.
Applesauce Cake

1 1/2 Cup applesauce
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup butter
3 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 pound raisins
1/2 Cup nuts

Mix sauce and sugar, add butter and soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water. Beat well; add vanilla, cinnamon, flour and nuts. Bake slowly at 325 in greased and floured pan.

Icing

1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook to soft ball and cover while warm. Let cool then pour over cake.

2 comments:

RetroLeeTX said...

Really cute idea Monya! I'll have to check out the site where you created it.

crafter said...

Thanks whoopsiedaisiesgal. I love scrapbooking and have been doing it for 4 years, but this was my first heritage page!