Monday, July 28, 2008

Grandma's Aprons

These are three of my grandma's hand sewn aprons and her vintage dish towels (she never used the cup towels because she saved everything after living through the depression.)
A collection of pot holders.
These three were grandma Faye's.
My Grandma's ceramic fruit.
Grandma's old handkerchiefs displayed in frames and in a tin can in the window under the apron curtains.

I have always loved old things. Especially those with sentimental value. In my BHG house I decorated my entire kitchen with my grandmothers things. In my current home the kitchen is off of the family room where my DH has his deer heads and trophy fish. SO my grandma's 1950's linens just won't work in the kitchen next to the "man's room." Unfortunately they were demoted to the laundry room. Fortunately I still have a room to showcase them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this! I just bought some beautifully embroidered napkins at the shabby shop--and I'm going to sew them together to make a sleeve for warm bread for dinner.