Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Petroglyph Craft for Older Kids

So I am teaching some art classes to a small group of home schoolers. One class is titled "Global Art" and I am using a book with the same title as well as some lessons I have found online. The class teaches geographical locations and then we do a craft that teaches the students something about that culture. I was looking for a craft on Africa and I found a craft where kids use course sandpaper and crayons to make drawings of petroglyphs. It is a great idea but was too simple for the group of older kids I am working with. So I got some cheap wooden boxes from Oriental Trading and we decoupaged the sandpaper art onto the boxes when we were finished with our petroglyph colorings. The kids were very proud of their creations and I was impressed with their creativity.



No comments: