Sunday, October 11, 2009

Starfish Necklace Charm

We made starfish necklace charms.
Use a starfish pattern under a peice of wax paper. I tape wax paper down for stability.
Then put lots of glue inside your starfish pattern. (Lots because it shrinks up and can be flimsy if you put too little.)
Next place a paper clip inside your starfish with the top of it sticking out a little for your loop for the necklace.
Glue over the paper clip again. Make sure the loop of the clip is still visible.

Then put glitter, beads, sequins, sand, small shells in glue to decorate your starfish.

We used lots and lots of glitter!!!! You must allow them to dry overnight or even a couple of days. If yours are really sturdy you can peel them off of the wax paper like I do my window clings, but I just cut around the edges leaving the wax paper on for strength.

String them up and wear them!
Show them off!!!

No comments: