



This is not me complainin'. I'm just saying, "What up God?" I know lot's of folks are worse off than me. Yep, for sure. It's just that here I was feelin' sorry for my four year old for her losin' 1/4 of her finger, and then the day of my twin's birthday party a monster hail storm came and knocked out my beloved leaded glass windows, did $3,000 worth of damage to my DH truck, ruined our roof ($1800 deductible) and knocked 1 inch holes in my new deck box, etc, etc. Two days later we discovered the fridge was not working right. So we realized it defrosted just enough during the power outage to freeze up the freezer box and no cooling was a happenin'. The food was ruined. Then one of our television sets blew out. So, of course, we had to go spend $$$$ on a new one. Am I the only one who did not know that leaded glass windows, while beautiful, are a big pain in the rumpus to have fixed??? Hardly any glass companies will work on them. So even though they have not come yet to give me the damage, I know it will be rediculous. The topper is that I have spent about three weeks working on my yard and I was spankin' proud of it. It was pummeled. My husbands onions survived, but the tomatoes have been replaced. Luckily I had already gotten all the good out of this seasons asparagus. Anyway, I am VERY grateful that we all were not harmed in the storm and that all of these things can be remedied. I know I have alot to be thankful for, and I am. VERY.


No comments:
Post a Comment