
When we bought our home it had dark wood cabinets. Not the kind that is so trendy today, but it was beautiful wood. However, it was very dated and it made our home very dark (the blue carpet did not help either!!!) To brighten it up and bring it into this century we primed and painted out most of the wood. I LOVE COLOR. In our living room, however, I could not decide on a color that I wanted to be commited to decorating around. So we used a neutral beige that really keeps the room bright and airy. Since I needed my color somewhere I painted out the back of my china hutch yellow. It really livens it up. It also looks great with my blue and white dishes. My plan is to paint out the backs of some of the other built in shelves whenever I finally have the money to purchase new furniture. It is a small, quick, and inexpensive change with a great impact! 



No comments:
Post a Comment