Friday, April 18, 2008

Photo's in a Seed Holder



I love pictures. I don't just take 1 or 2 shots of something I want. My husband even complains about the 10's of thousands of pictures I have stored on our computer. It is kind of crazy to keep them all. BUT I have a terrrrrible memory. REALLY. So the photos really serve a purpose. I NEED them to remember things. REALLY. So, since digital came along I have been catalogueing every minute that is precious to me. My step mom once asked me how I got good pictures. The answer is that only about 1 in every 200 is really any good. With small children, especially. Trying to get a photo of all three together is like hearding fleas. So I snap away praying there might be a good one in there. It has become such a habit to snap that I sometimes do it on auto pilot and people look at me like I am touched in the head. I am. So today things are getting back to normal after the finger incedent, the birthday party for the twins (it will be posted here later), and a terrible storm that knocked out some of our windows. I have this huge frame that holds lots of photos. It is not enough unless I want to be continually changing it out. I don't. So I had this antique looking seed holder that my dear friend gave me and it used to hold all of our gardening seeds (my husband has a large garden) until we had this unfortunate event in our home with indian meal moths. Now we are careful not to have anything in our home that could be a food source for pests. I was not willing to part with the seed holder though. So I had to repurpose it. It is perfect for 4 X 6 photos. Yay.