Monday, March 10, 2008

Displaying Collections



As I have mentioned before I have quite a small budget to work with. I love to garage sale and really find some great fixer uppers when I go. However, since having the twins I am not able to go very often. So I have to use my brain a little more.
People occasionally comment on my home or my decorating and I honestly have to say I think alot of the credit goes towards the fact that I group items together to appear as a collection. Nothing has any value so it never looks like I have a collection of rare antiques. It is more in the way it is displayed. So I urge you to go shopping in your own home, attic, or closets and find items that you love. Place them in an important spot and make them look special. Groups of odd numbers look best. It will be noticed. I promise!

No comments: