Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easy Beef Stroganoff

To be sure, I am in good company when I say that it is hard to please an entire family at the dinner table. I like to try new recipes and then if they pass the test I print them out and put them in my recipe binder. So when I score on a simple recipe there is a big smile on my face as well! This was the pasta I had on hand, but I think traditionally people use egg noodles. I found the recipe here, but I will print it out for you so you can see it with the pics.
Easy Stroganoff
Recipe By : Southern Living

1 Pound ground beef
1 medium Onion -- chopped
2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
4 ounces Can sliced mushrooms
10 3/4 ounces Can Cream of Mushroom soup Undiluted
8 ounces Sour cream
Hot cooked noodles
Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain.Stir in flour and next 3 ingredients; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in soup. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sour cream, and heat thoroughly.Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments: