
I needed a new cosmetic bag for my purse. I can sew, but I get lazy sometimes when there are so many cute things out there that can just be embellished. I was at Old Navy yesterday and found this on clearance. I wanted it to be special though and be able to take the beating it will get in my purse. My sewing machine does not embroider. I wanted a monogram. Here I go again unconventionally using paint to place a monogram. Not exactly Neiman Marcus, but on my budget, it works.
Tips:Buy it cheap in case you mess up.
It is cheaper in the long run to add textile medium to acrylic paint than to buy special fabric paints. You will get more mileage out of your paints.
Add spray adhesive to the back of your stencil pattern to adhere it while painting.
Place thick paper inside bag to prevent paint bleeding through.
Fray Check your ribbon ends.


No comments:
Post a Comment