
I decided last year to make a stepping stone every year for each child. We will do it every year in February. A girlfriend of mine does one every year on Father's Day for her husband. Whatever the occasion it is a great momento and a fabulous way to see the growth in your child's artistic skills and in their handprints! I even photo the kids doing them to place into their scrapbooks.
My tips for making these:
1. Don't buy a kit. Just buy the mix and the stone mold and you will save money. Plus you can make several stones with one box of mix.
2. Put the year on the stone with your child's name.
3. Wash items you use outside so the cement does not ruin your indoor plumbing!
4. Beads and Plastic letters will fade over time, but they are cheaper than the mosaic peices in the store.
5. I save every broken plate, bowl, knick knack (Really) for mosaics and step stones. If you have older children and you trust them they could use these to decorate them.
February 2008 February 2007


No comments:
Post a Comment