I have been having an affair with Coke and Dr. Pepper my entire life. I say "affair" because it was sordid and addictive. It was not a secret though. I would agonize with my friends and relatives about how I could not let it go. I tried and tried to say goodbye, but I would wind up sneaking one here and one there. Before you know it I would be out in the open again flaunting my rebelion. Getting through a day, let alone a meal without one was impossible. Diets were ruined. Not by cookies, but by soda. The sugar built up in my system until I exploded in the kitchen washing it down with cakes, ice cream and other various delights. I am telling this story to save others from the same pain of soft drink addiction. You see, I found help. Last fall I started the
South Beach diet. I lost 20 pounds. While I have 60 more to go at least I found a new love. In my search for a diet drink I could stomach, and especially one without caffeine I found this:

Mi Amore
No comments:
Post a Comment